College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 04/12/2020 @ 23:59
|Course Name:||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code:||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1440/1441 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Understand the concept of process selection, forecasting, capacity planning, production forecast methods and schedule operations.
- Apply knowledge and skills to optimize production objective of maximizing profits using qualitative and quantitative techniques in related areas of operations management.
- Exhibit the knowledge of lean system, quality controls and green systems
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 10)
Workers should be given more control over the inspection for their own work. Discuss the pros and cons of this situation? (Marks 2)
- What are the advantages of Exponential smoothing over the Moving average and the Weighted moving average? (Marks 2)
- Explain the aggregate planning strategy? (Marks 2)
Sequence the jobs shown below by using a Gantt chart. Sequence the jobs in priority order 1, 2, 3, 4.
|Job Work Center/Machine Hours Due Date (days)|
|1||A/3, B/2, C/2||3|
|3||B/6, A/1, C/3||4|
|4||C/4, A/1, B/2||3|
- Using finite capacity scheduling, draw a Gantt chart for the schedule (Marks 1)
- What is the makespan? (Marks 0.5)
- How much machine idle time is there? (Marks 0.5)
- How much idle time (waiting time) is there for each job? (Marks 0.5)
- When is each job delivered? (Marks 0.5)
- Which department is the bottleneck? (Marks 0.5)
- Calculate the machine utilization? (Marks 0.5)