First, read all the following article on nursing and advocacy.
Sanford, K., (January 31, 2012). Overview and summary: Nurse advocates: Past, present, and future. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 17(1). doi: 10.3912/OJIN.Vol17No01ManOS http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-17-2012/No1-Jan-2012/Nurse-Advocates-Past-Present-and-Future.html
Then, read the referenced articles provided below.
1. Selanders, L., Crane, P., (2012). The voice of Florence Nightingale on advocacy. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 17(1). doi: 10.3912/OJIN.Vol17No01Man01 http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-17-2012/No1-Jan-2012/Florence-Nightingale-on-Advocacy.html
2. Maryland, M., Gonzalez, R., (2012). Patient advocacy in the community and legislative arenas. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 17(1).doi: 10.3912/OJIN.Vol17No01Man02 http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-17-2012/No1-Jan-2012/Advocacy-in-Community-and-Legislative-Arena.html
3. Matthews, J., (2012). Role of professional organizations in advocating for the nursing profession. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 17(1).doi: 10.3912/OJIN.Vol17No01Man03 http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-17-2012/No1-Jan-2012/Professional-Organizations-and-Advocating.html
4. Tomajan, K., (2012). Advocating for nurses and nursing. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 17(1). doi: 10.3912/OJIN.Vol17No01Man04 http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-17-2012/No1-Jan-2012/Advocating-for-Nurses.html
5. Benton, D., (2012). Advocating globally to shape policy and strengthen nursing’s influence. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 17(1). doi: 10.3912/OJIN.Vol17No01Man05 http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-17-2012/No1-Jan-2012/Advocating-Globally-to-Shape-Policy.html
Finally, choose one of the five articles. Your post should comprehensively discuss the following:
- A brief synopsis of the article you chose (in your own words)
- Why this article and the advocacy topic was of interest to you?
- How this topic of advocacy was realized in the past (historically),
- How it relates to nursing in present-day, and your prediction of how and what the future holds for this advocacy topic.
- Present at least one strategy that can be used to support and move this advocacy topic forward.
Write the Article # you chose in the Subject bar. You will still need an additional scholarly, nursing journal article to support your post as outlined on the discussion rubric.
One of your responses to classmates must be to a topic other than the one you discussed in your initial response post. Please write the article number you chose in the Subject bar.