All the Information
This week, you will submit summaries of quantitative and qualitative studies. The purpose of this assignment is to become familiar with published research, research designs, and methodologies. For the assignment, you will select two original or primary research studies: one quantitative research study and one qualitative study related to the field of nursing. You will write an abstract of each study.
- The selected articles should be original research studies.
- Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review should NOT be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
- Your abstracts should begin with the APA Style reference to the research article that is reviewed
- Your abstracts should be written in your own words. (The abstracts within the studies your choose will not answer all of the assignment questions.)
- Your abstracts should be accurate, brief, clear, between 150–250 words, and include only the most essential information.
- Use current APA Style to format your paper and to cite your sources.
- You are required to attach both research studies (the full articles) that you use to write your abstracts.The original research study articles may be copied onto a Word document or saved in a PDF format.
NOTE: Because submission of the original articles is part of the assignment requirements and is necessary for grading, any assignment submitted without the accompanying articles will be considered incomplete. An incomplete assignment will be initially assigned a zero. The student has the opportunity to submit articles to complete the assignment. However, if these are submitted after the due date and time, the late penalty will apply. After five days, submissions will not be accepted per University policy, and the grade will remain a zero.
Address the following questions in each of your abstracts:
- What type of research is it (quantitative, qualitative)?
- What was the research question(s) or hypothesis?
- What is the sample (population), the sample size, and sample attributes (characteristics)?
- What is the setting (facility type, location, and country) of the study?
- What were the researcher’s results and findings? (Identify one that clearly measures the dependent variable or objective of the research.)
Review the rubric for further information on how your assignment will be graded.