Email to Embassy: Getting a F1visa and I20 can be challenging, because many governments are worried about the number of people who use these as a way to enter their country and overstay. You will be writing a letter to an Embassy to grant permission to study abroad for long term.  The aim of your letter would be to show the consular officer who considers the visa application that the person has a specific plan,  a place to stay, and will not need to find work in order to support him- or herself while here (if, that is, you plan to offer financial backup or support).  You will follow the guidelines outlined in your text.  This is a 2 page email.