Write a one to two (1 -2) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the fundamental reasons why the executives in the case refused to listen to their own employees, but were willing to listen to a consultant. Discuss the main reasons why the executives still seemed apprehensive even after the consultant’s presentation.
- Imagine that you are the consultant for the case study. Speculate on three strategies that you could employ to get the executives to understand your point of view and thus support your project management recommendations.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Utilize at least (3) quality academic references. Note: Wikis and some other websites do not qualify as academic resources. The textbook is a good place to start, but your sources need to extend beyond the textbook.
- Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt. font, with 1″ margins all around, citations and references must follow APA format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, Dr. Ortloff, BUS 2010-NO21B Project Management, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the role of executive management in the life of a project
- Apply the project manager’s critical skills, in terms of project leadership, team building, time management, conflict management, and effective communication with executive sponsors, peers, team members, and project clients.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project management