Begin drafting the Introduction and first section of your research proposal topic. BE CAREFUL TO FOLLOW THE FULL-SENTENCE OUTLINE submitted last week.
Purpose: To start writing your research paper, beginning with the introduction section;
to formulate an arguable thesis to be fully discussed in your research paper.
The introduction and Thesis, 1-2 paragraphs, should introduce the central idea or the main purpose of the writing. I
- It should include a few general statements about the subject to provide a background to your essay and to attract the reader’s attention (a “hook” and appropriate background information.) It should show why your topic is significant and interesting. It may include a definition of terms in the context of the essay, etc.
- It should also include a statement of the specific parts of the topic and/or indication of how the topic is going to be addressed. Your essay will have three parts. Explain them here.
- In academic writing, the following style points will deduct from the marking:
- Dummy subjects (there is, it is)
- Unnecessary use of Passive Voice
- Pronouns (I me we us you your; unsupported ambiguous pronouns this, that
- Rhetorical cheerleading: (I believe I think I feel, clearly, obviously, etc)
Your Essay will be reviewed by Unicheck, the plagiarism tool synced to Canvas. Unicheck will submit a similarity report a few minutes after you post your assignment. If the similarity index is above 30%, please redo and resubmit your assignment after you cite the sources properly to avoid plagiarism.