Strengths of Youth Service Organizations for the Human Service Professional
Youth service organizations have undergone numerous changes in the United States, dating back to the late 1600’s. Select one of the organizations listed that is active today, i.e., YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, Boy or Girl Scouts of America.
Research their current role in youth work, development, value messages and services. What advantages does the organization you selected offer to the youth in today’s culture? How would you integrate this organization into your work as a human service professional?
Prepare a two full page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that utilizes a minimum of two scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years, in APA format.
- Read from the text, Human Services: Contemporary Issues and Trends:
- Chapter 7: Helping Services for Groups
- Chapter 8: National Community Support Skill Standards Project
- Chapter 10: The Child Welfare Delivery System in the United States
- Chapter 11: Child Maltreatment and Abuse
- Chapter 12: Youth and Human Services
- The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV). (n.d.). Domestic violence statistics: Prevalence of domestic violence (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://ncadv.org/statistics
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017). When closeness goes wrong (Links to an external site.) [Podcast]. Retrieved from http://www2c.cdc.gov/podcasts/player.asp?f=7993