It is important to understand the purpose of special education assessment and be able to convey that information to parents or other caregivers. Demonstrate your understanding and ability to communicate this information to the student and his or her caregivers by composing a letter in which you:
- Explain the purpose of special education assessment.
- Explain the importance of special education assessment.
- Describe the assessment process for determining student needs and eligibility for special education services.
- Emphasize parental rights in the assessment process.
- Identify the major principles of that law concerning assessment and evaluation.
Support your assignment with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Total Length: 3-5 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button.