Human Behavior in Criminal Justice
CCJ-1191, Reference #21214
Fall 2020 Final
This final must be typed, double spaced with Times New Roman 12-point font. Do not plagiarize and provide detailed answers that are in your own words, use in text citations to back up your answers, appropriate references.
1. Briefly explain the difference between psychological criminology and sociological criminology. How do these differ from a psychiatric approach to the study of criminal behavior?
2. Identify and provide one example of each of the three predominant methods of measuring crime.
3. Compare and contrast the cumulative risk and developmental cascade model.
4. What is the attachment theory and how might it relate to juvenile delinquency and adult criminal behavior?
5. What is meant by the term “shared environment” and why is it important in genetic research on crime?
6. Explain how temperament plays a role in the development of antisocial behavior?
7. Describe the process of operant conditioning and give an example of how criminal behavior is acquired.
8. Compare and contrast the behaviorism promoted by B.F. Skinner with modern behaviorism promoted by Bandura.
9. What physiological factors have been associated with aggression?
10. Define hostile attribution bias and discuss how it might explain chronic aggression in young children
11. What are status offenses? What has research found relating to gender differences in these offenses?
12. Describe Gerald Patterson’s coercion developmental model.
13. Describe the three and four factor models of psychopathy.
14. Name and describe briefly any five instruments used to measure psychopathy.
15. Define and fully evaluate any three of the unique defenses discussed in this chapter.
16. Identify and include symptoms of the four diagnostic categories most relevant to criminal behavior.
17. Define and fully evaluate any three of the unique defenses discussed in this chapter.
18. Identify and include symptoms of the four diagnostic categories most relevant to criminal behavior.
- What is the availability heuristic? How might it account for our perception of violence?
- Discuss in detail IPV among any two populations
- What is the cycle of violence hypothesis?
- Identify and discuss in detail the five-category typology based on the motivation for mass killings by Fox and Levin.
- List and define the types of multiple murder and provide an illustration of each.
- Define investigative psychology
7. Define the following concepts and explain in detail the role they may play in an individual becoming a terrorist: a0moral justification; b) cognitive restricting; c) advantageous comparison; d) dehumanization; e) deindividuation.
8. Describe in detail the main characteristics of the lone wolf terrorist.
9. How are terrorist groups classified?
10. Describe in detail the difference between rape and sexual assault?
11. Define and provide in detail examples of rape myths.
12. How do RNR principles apply in the treatment of sex offenders?
13. Describe in detail the difference between pedophilia and child sex offending?
14. Outline child molestation typologies of the MTC and the Groth system. Which one is better supported by the research literature?
15. Discuss the findings on juvenile sex offenders
16. What 3 newsworthy events were broadcasted from Monday, 12/7/2020 through Wednesday, 12/9/2020. Please list them and describe them in detail.