- Review the Greer et al. (2017) article (located in this week’s Learning Resources). Reflect on policy formation and how media coverage of news events impacts public policy.
- Select a media resource that is related to health advocacy and public policy (e.g., YouTube video, TedTalk, film, etc.)
- Note: Do not select an article for this Discussion.
- Identify an idea or policy initiative from your selected media resource and consider how it originated (e.g., individuals, organizations, politicians, etc.).
- Think about the impact of your selected media resource’s idea or policy on health advocacy and public policy.
Post a comprehensive response to the following:
- Briefly describe your selected media resource.
- Describe the idea or policy initiative that was promoted by your selected media resource.
- Explain how the initiative originated.
- Explain two potential impacts of the media idea or policy initiative on health advocacy and public policy.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.