Applied Sciences homework help.
3.1 By 2030, reduce the global maternal mortality ratio to less than 70 per 100 000 live births.
3.2 By 2030, end preventable deaths of newborns and children under 5 years of age, with all countries aiming to reduce neonatal mortality to at least as low as 12 per 1000 live births and under-5 mortality to at least as low as 25 per 1000 live births.
In this assignment, you will compare and contrast the preventive measures of (1) Married or in-union women of reproductive age who have their need for family planning satisfied with modern methods, and (2) Children aged 6-59 months who received vitamin A supplementation (%).
You will analyze the most recent data for three different countries from different economic levels according to the World Bank classification:
LOW-INCOME ECONOMIES (GNI per capita $1,025 OR LESS): Afghanistan
LOWER-MIDDLE INCOME ECONOMIES (GNI per capita $1,026 TO $3,995): Bangladesh
UPPER-MIDDLE-INCOME ECONOMIES (GNI per capita $3,996 TO $12,375): Gabon
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review data of maternal mortality rates for the three above countries from the World Health Organization website links, “Cause-Specific Mortality and Morbidity: Maternal Mortality Ratio Data by Country (http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.MATMORT?lang=en) and Under-Five Child Mortality Levels: Number of Deaths (Thousands) by Country (http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.ChildMort-1?lang=en)
- Go to the World Health Organization’s website link, “Health service coverage
Data by country: and note Married or in-union women of reproductive age who have their need for family planning satisfied with modern methods (http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.REPWOMEN39?lang=en); Children aged 6-59 months who received vitamin A supplementation (%) (http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.38?lang=en)
- Children aged 6-59 months who received vitamin A supplementation (%) (https://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.imr.vita?lang=en) -note the differences in economic status, educational, place of residence, sex among the provided countries
Review the Learning Resources provided in week 6, your textbook, WHO websites and any other quality public health or academic resources and think about how the core functions of public health are related to maternal and child health. Visit the Walden writing center and review your Essential Guide to APA style for writing assistance.
Per the assignment instructions:
Your paper (5-6 pages not including title and references) must include:
- A title page, in APA format.
- Section headers, in APA format, for each section below:
- Compare and contrast the most appropriate relevant and current data on maternal and under five child mortalities in the provided countries. You are encouraged to use creativity to present these data graphically.
- Describe the preventive services to improve maternal and child health outcomes in the specified regions as they relate to this scenario, giving examples from the data sources.
- Identify the socioeconomic determinants that may influence the use of these preventive services. Interrelate the maternal and under-five child rates of each country. Be sure to support your answer and cite your sources.
- Discuss barriers and gaps in the existing preventive services in the selected countries. Identify interventions or efforts that could be in place in these countries (governmental or non-governmental) that are aiming to achieve SDG3.1 and SDG 3.2
- Summarize your findings with a take-home message on positive social change, evaluating this developmental goal and the impact on public health and health equity as it relates to the provided scenario
- Cite the sources within your text and be sure to follow APA format. You must include an APA formatted reference list at the end of your paper