Overview: Your task is to help the organization answer their question by critically analyzing the data. You will run descriptive statistics and a statistical test, create a graph, interpret the results, and present the results and recommendations to non-technical decision makers in the form of a statistical report. Keep in mind that it is your job to do this from a statistical standpoint. Be sure to justify your conclusions and recommendations with appropriate statistical support.
Prompt: In Milestone Three, you created a table listing the statistics you were going to complete to investigate your health question. In Milestone Four, you will actually complete these calculations.
Specifically, you must address these critical elements:
A. Graphs: In this section, you will use graphical displays to examine the data.
1. Create at least one graph that gives a sense of the potential relationship between the two variables that form your chosen health question.
Include the graph and discuss why you selected it as opposed to others.
- Conduct an appropriate statistical test to answer your health question.
- Explain why this test is the best choice in this context.
- Analysis of Biostatistics: Use this section to describe your findings from a statistical standpoint. Be sure to:
- Present key biostatistics from the graph(s) and statistical test and explain what they mean. Be sure to include a spreadsheet showing your work or a copy of your StatCrunch output as an appendix.
- What statistical inferences or conclusions can you draw based on the results of your statistical test, descriptive statistics and graph? Justify your response.